My daughter now effectively has her own Spotify account, and I wanted to get my old playlists from her. I thought it would be easy just by Following… but when looking for Friends in Spotify, I could not find the account.
Saving playlists is do-able by other means, namely:
- go to the Spotify player (https://play.spotify.com)
- log in as the source user (the own who has the playlists you want)
- Go to (left tool bar) Your Music / Playlists
- For each list you want to save:
- Navigate to the playlist in Spotify
- Right click / Copy Spotify URL / paste the URL into notepad or somesuch
- log out of the Spotify player
- Now log back in to Spotify player as the target user (the one who wants the playlists)
- For each of the playlist URLs you want save
- paste the URL for the playlist from Notepad into the browser URL
- This brings up the playlist in the Spotify browser
- Click follow
Done all those? You’re done.